With 3 phases and almost 18 hours of content material, Sola Reconnected introduced collectively connection-hungry magnificence skilled to study from a number of the greatest educators within the business. This digital occasion was stay, all day, on Could 17, with presenters and attendees streaming in from across the nation.
One in all these business consultants was Jamie Wiley, Global Artistic Director of Pureology, who spoke on constructing a model by means of social media; utilizing it as a strategy to recruit new purchasers, promote your small business and interact your present viewers.
The course reminded stylists that social media is a visible medium. Wiley provided solutions for capturing content material, plus the best way to interact together with your dream purchasers. We highlighted a number of the key takeaways from Wiley’s presentation:
Find out how to Coach Your Purchasers to Take Hair Photos
1. To shoot the again of the hair, have purchasers lookup so that you get that shine line on the spherical of the top.
2. Physique place: Have them put their arms in entrance of their physique, which focuses issues on the hair.
3. Facet shot: Have them tip over on the facet, like a teapot, after which pull the hair over the shoulder. That eliminates that shoulder that was in the best way.
4. Entrance shot: Have them lean ahead and have gravity be just right for you. Push all of the hair ahead. And perhaps have them look down and you may shoot from beneath a bit.
iPhone Photograph Methods
“If I don’t have pure mild, I can click on on my cellphone and the little ‘solar’ pops up on the facet and I can really swipe as much as brighten and swipe all the way down to darken.”
“If I need to go to Portrait, I can snap this photograph, get an awesome photograph after which go into it to edit. On the high left, there’s a button (4.5) I can add extra S cease or I can take it away.”
“I prefer to make the most of the grid in your cellphone so you possibly can lineup your photographs always, and actually know the place your level of focus in your grid.”
Attracting Your Supreme Clientele
Wiley says to determine this out, you first need to sit down and take into consideration your favourite client–who are they what do you want about them and what do the 2 of you might have in widespread. Then, do some strategic snooping.
“Go their IG web page, go to their Associates checklist and also you’re going to start out participating on their Buddy’s pages,” Wiley instructs. “It’s like doing a social media handshake or handing out your small business card on social media. You’ll begin liking and commenting in your shopper’s Associates checklist. And they’re going to begin to ask, ‘Who is that this?’ Be very real and actual, however it’s going to immediate them to start out recognizing you—‘Wait, that’s my greatest good friend’s hairdresser.’ Then they’re going to creep on our bio –the place you might have a call-to-action—and they’re going to begin messaging you.”
The Energy of the DM
Wiley additionally talked about utilizing direct messages, strategically. If you wish to appeal to a sure clientele, then you might have been doing all of your analysis and you’ve got recognized some potential purchasers. And you already know it will be a win-win scenario in the event that they had been to take a seat in your chair. She suggestes reaching out to them through a direct message and she or he even supplied a script…
“Hello, my identify is ___ and I’m a hairstylist at ___and I got here throughout your web page and I’d like to have you ever as a visitor. I provide a ____gift for a primary time shopper (at all times say reward) and right here is my hyperlink to ebook on-line or you possibly can message me again. I stay up for listening to from you.”
Find out how to Create a Effectively-Rounded Instagram Web page
Wiley did the mathematics for us, dividing up the content material that must be featured on an Instagram web page:
- 40% of the web page is the hair you do
- 10% of the web page is merchandise
- 25% of the web page is you doing the hair
- 25% is your way of life
- “Do you might have youngsters, a cat, a canine, do you hike, do you boat? Share your life together with your neighborhood. Have you ever seen that after you publish a selfie, engagement rockets? Be authentically you. All these issues make up a well-rounded web page.”
Keep in mind, Wiley says, “Folks purchase individuals after which they purchase issues.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this text, Click here.
Initially posted on Modern Salon